Advanced diagnostics is the key to modern dentistry. At Dentus we use panoramic x-rays and Dental CBCT scans to help our patients achieve the best dental care possible.
Panoramic x-rays and Dental CBCT scans are used by dentists and oral surgeons as an important diagnostic tool. It covers a wider area than a conventional intraoral x-ray and, as a result, provides valuable information about the nasal area, sinuses, tooth positioning and gum and bone irregularities. The dentist with the aid of x-ray technology is able to make a more accurate dental examination. This examination is also used to plan treatment for full and partial dentures, braces, extractions and implants.
Without a panoramic x-ray it would be difficult to find and diagnose:
- cavities under old fillings or in between teeth
- tooth infections
- advanced periodontal disease
- oral cysts
- tumors and oral cancer
- temporomandibular joint disorder
Dental CBCT scans are used for dental implant treatment planning. With the Dental CBCT scan the dentist is able to accurately place the dental implants in the jaw. A Dental CBCT scan can also aid in :
- determining bone structure and tooth orientation
- surgical planning for problematic teeth extractions
- evaluation of the jaw, nerve canals and sinuses
- detecting, measuring and treating jaw tumours and oral cancers
- reconstructive surgery.